- Common First-day worries for Biology 1107 students, and advice from Professor Brinton.
- Dr. Mans’ Videos
- Crash Course Biology
- Crash Course Chemistry
- Chemistry Basics Youtube Playlist
- DNA Expression & Replication Youtube Playlist
- Minute Earth
Don’t forget to check out this page! –> ‘Cause I’m a scientist, that’s why.
Videos, Animations & Activities by Topic
- Chemistry Youtube Playlist – Hits the major topics that we talk about in class. Some of the videos go into greater detail than we do (since this isn’t a Chemistry course).
- Cell Processes & Structures
- Redox reactions – LEO the Lion
- Redox Reactions – Crash Course
- Crossing Cell Membranes
- Facilitated Diffusion
- Simple Visual of Passive vs. Facilitated Diffusion
- Eukaryotic Organelles
- Evolution of Organelles – Endosymbiotic Theory
- Vesicle Transport of Molecules
- Tonicity and cross-membrane transportation
- Tonicity & Eggs – fun experiment to watch
- Na+ K+ pumps – Remember, the substrate (ions, in this pump) fits better in one orientation than the other. This is why they are released after the enzyme structure swaps which side is open.
- Photosynthesis & Chloroplasts
- Cellular Respiration
- DNA Expression & Replication
- Mitosis, Meiosis, & the Cell Cycle
Straight from Professor Brinton
Need to report a broken link or ask a question?
featured image: A predaceous water beetle larvae, family Dytiscidae (Fall 2016)